Social Moderation in Spiritual journey
My primary source of energy has always been reading, writing, reflecting, and mediation. I like talking when there is structure, purpose, or relevance. Somehow, I was not very good in casual, unstructured chit chats . On the other hand, I connect deeply in one to one conversation.
Somewhere, I overlearnt that talking out of turn is not manners. Don't interfere when others are discussing. Somewhere, these things, coupled with fear of rejection, started making me quiet and quiet, and it was getting difficult for me to include myself, and I was always hoping for inclusion.
On the other hand I make myself so vulnerable in one to one settings but navigating groups were always a tough task for me.I thought not troubling others and keeping quiet is a good thing but slowly learnt that when we are too quiet also we are troubling others and giving them some discomfort without our knowledge.
We don't have to be anxious and clingy nor hyper independent. Over interfering in others' space is not good, but we also learn to include ourselves and not just wait for being included and giving that burden to others.
I am slowly learning social moderation. What I thought was manners could be an egos mask from fear of rejection. Now I understand what my previous guru Chariji used to say Shyness is a manifestation of ego.

Comments
Post a Comment